International Diabetics Football Cup – Insulin On Board Cup
IOB Cup 2024
The International Football Tournament for Diabetics, IOB Cup was created by the Foundation for Children with Diabetes. It has been played annually for 5 years. In the years 2019-2021, it gathered teams of diabetics from all over Poland, since 2022 teams from abroad also participate in the competition.
IOB Cup is an initiative addressed at young diabetics, promoting physical activity and integrating the diabetes community.
Playing football is not only sports competition. Sport teaches to fight against adversities. The tournament is also great fun for participants, parents and spectators as well as opportunity to spend time together and actively exchange experiences.
This year, teams from all over Europe will compete!
We invite you to join and support the players!
The IOB Cup 2024 tournament is:
· 3 days of football games in a great atmosphere,
· fair play competition at the highest level in 4 age categories:
2013 and younger
born in 2011–2012
born in 2008–2010
2007 and older
· nearly 300 players and 600 participants from all over Europe,
· integration of international diabetes communities,
· educational and integration picnic,
· celebration of the Foundation's 30th anniversary.
Registration starts on 1st of March 2024. Please send an email to email@example.com to register with relevant information:
(„I don’t have a team“)
· Team name,
· Age category/categories,
· Name of the coach/team manager, contact phone number/email,
· List of players: name, surname, Personal Identification Numbers (commonly used in a given country), nationally accepted confirmation of diabetes (in a given country),
· List of gluten free players (and other special diets - for meals).
· name and surname, Personal Identification Number (commonly used in a given country),
· nationally accepted confirmation of diabetes (in a given country)
· name and surname of parent/carer (who will be present during the tournament), contact phone number and email,
· Are you celiac or have other special dietary needs?
Previous tournaments IOB CUP
Year by year, the sports level as well as prestige of the tournament is growing. Several hundred players have taken part in the previous editions. It has now become an international event, attended by teams from many countries.
DiaEuro / IOB CUP 2023
10 –11 June 2023, Pruszków
25 teams from 9 countries
WE SUPPORT, ADVISE, TRAIN
EDUCATION and REEDUCATION
individual support, trainings and webinars
in areas of: diabetology, dietetics, psychology, new technologies supporting diabetics
physio-therapeutic treatments, rehabilitation holidays
DISSEMINATION OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
various sports trainings, sports camps,
sports tournaments, Polish national teams, domestic and international games
Providing financial support trainings, organization of public collections
PREPARATION OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
to support and care for children with diabetes
INTEGRATION OF THE PATIENT ENVIRONMENT:
organization of special events,
building a community around the Foundation
PROPOSING LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVES: participation in the work of parliamentary committees
WE PROMOTE A HEALTHY AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE
Physical Activity is one of the main pillars of type I diabetes therapy
We try to promote and popularize sports among diabetics.
We organize: sports camps, trainings, games and tournaments.
WE LOVE FOOTBALL
Under the auspices of PZPN (Polish Football Association), we co-run the Polish National Football Team for Diabetics (“Sweet Poland”) in 4 age categories (juniors and seniors). National teams participate in training camps, friendly matches, national and international competitions. The players of "Sweet Poland" achieve significant successes, also abroad. Visit the fanpage
For 5 years, the Foundation has been the organizer and host of the Football Tournament for Diabetics - IOB Cup (Insulin On Board Cup), in which teams and players from Poland and all over Europe compete in 4 age categories.
Since 2017, Waleczni Warsaw (The Fighters) football team represents the Foundation.,The team participates at tournaments for diabetics all over Poland. There are three age categories (U-11, U-14, U-17) with players from all over the country who train in their local clubs on a daily basis. We regularly organize training and sports camps for all groups. We invite volunteers to join our team:firstname.lastname@example.org